Guidelines for Parents: Treatment for Children with Autism
Are you evaluating a behavioral analyst for your child? Read on.
The Autism Special Interest Group of the Association for Behavior Analysis International just published a guide for families who are evaluating the quality of treatment provided by behavior analysts. For a copy, you can download the parent guidelines here.
More Resources For Parents
Did you know that the Association for Science in Autism Treatment has great online resources for families? Their Savvy Consumer section was specifically created for families to help them navigate all of the information online about treatment options. Check it out below!
Is there Science Behind That? (Specific Treatments)
- Is There Science Behind That?: Autism and Treatment with DIR/Floor Time
- Is There Science Behind That?: Autism Treatment with Marijuana
- Is There Science Behind That?: Autism Service Dogs
- Is There Science Behind That?: Nutrients to Support Speech Development
- Is There Science Behind That?: Blood Pressure Drug
- Is There Science Behind That?: Gluten-Free and Casein-Free Diets
- Is There Science Behind That?: Bleach Therapy
- Is There Science Behind That?: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Focus on Science (General articles about science and measurement)
- Focus on Science: Autism Treatment in the Media
- Focus on Science: Expand Your Science Knowledge…Relate It to Autism Treatment…And Be a Savvy Consumer!
- ASD Intervention: How Do We Measure Effectiveness?
- Underwater Basket Weaving Therapy For Autism: Don’t Laugh! It Could Happen…
- Determining the Effectiveness of Treatments Available to Persons with Autism-Part One
- Determining the Effectiveness of Treatments Available to Persons with Autism-Part Two
- The Persistence of Fad Interventions (Summary of an article)
- Caveat Lector: Let the Reader Beware
- Explaining Decisions To Use Science-Based Treatments
- Can Scientists Prove That a Treatment Does Not Work?
- Some Cautions on the Exclusive Use of Standardized Assessments in Recovery-Oriented Treatment
- The Pitfalls Of Testimonials
- “Verification” And The Peer Review Process
Qualifications of Autism Treatment Providers
- Review of “Learn the Signs. Act Early.”
- Preparing To Speak With A Doctor About Medication
- How To Obtain Health Insurance Coverage For ASD Therapies Under New Jersey Law
- Questions to Ask Marketers of Autism Interventions
- Some Resources for Parents
- Characteristics and Quality of Autism Websites
- Guidance, Advocacy & Education